Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday's are Moms In Touch, the prayer group I meet with to pray for J and all of the kids in his school. I started attending last year and it has been such a blessing in my life! It is made all the sweeter because of the dear women with whom I pray. THey are generous of spirit and love for their own kids as well as the students at our school. What an honor to pray with these godly women! Today I was reminded of just how blessed we, as a family, are. Our marriage is strong, our kids are healthy and "normal" - we can so easily take for granted that our children are not broken of spirit, heart, or mind. Even though 'lil man sometimes makes praying quite challenging, I wouldn't trade that time for anything. I also felt God pricking my heart in the area of obedience to spending time in His word. Now that lil man is sleeping through the night and not rising before the chickens, I really need to commit to taking that time to be with Him each day. I KNOW how much better I feel when I do this, so it's just a matter of overcoming the flesh:) So easy-right?

No comments: