Sunday, June 6, 2010

We're almost finished!

As the last few days of school come and go there have been many parties, field trips, and all around fun!  The whole 2nd grade got to head down to the park down the street for a cookout and some time outside. It was HOT, but they had a great time.  Jeff helped man the grill for some yummy hotdogs, and after Ryan caught a morning nap, the littles and I met up with them. 

Will is doing awesome with potty training!  He is pretty much finished, minus a few accidents here and there.  Poop is the biggest issue, but he's doing great, just still hesitant:)  Here you can see how big his underpants really are - he's just so stinkin' tiny.  I can't find any size 2, only 2-3T, so I'll head down to yet another Wal-Mart tomorrow to check them out.  Yesterday before the Farmer's Market he was dressing up and Jeff was laughing so hard at his little cowboy.  Will walks around saying "When I big, I..." and he fills in whatever activity Jack does like shooting the BB gun, walking in the woods, riding his bike in the street etc.  Wish I could convince him not to be in such a hurry to be big.



We got more blueberries at the Farmer's Market, so I made some homemade whipped cream to go with our shortcakes for dessert.  Ain't nothin' better than homemade whipped cream and it's so easy. Please don't by the stuff in the tubs!  I promise it's easy and soooooo good:)  If you don't believe me, these faces should convince you!

After church today we played some more dress-up.  Ella-Kathryn put on Jack's old Upward's Bball jersey and later when I told her to get changed since we had to run an errand, she looked up at me  and said, "but mom, I'm a Jersey girl." Ha!  If only she knew what Jersey girls really looked like:)  Will finally fits into Jack's old knight set and thought it was alot of fun.  In the second pic, his funny face is because he's saying, "Cheeseburgers!"
Last, but never least, this little man is 10 months old!  Whew!  Where did that time go?  I cannot believe that this time last year, Jack was finished with 1st grade and we were anxiously counting down the weeks til we went to FL.  Then, when we got back I went in to my OB b/c I thought I was leaking fluid and bam - Ryan was born! 
Clearly, he is none the worse for his trials and while we are still waiting for him to crawl, he is our precious baby boy, full of snorts and laughter.  Yes, you read that right, he snorts when he laughs and that sends us into hysterics.  Does anyone want me to get some of that homemade whipped cream to put on those cheeks before they take a nibble?



















1 comment:

Heidi said...

I say love life while he isn't crawling!!! So cute. Love the picts!