Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Moment of Silence

A moment of silence, if you will, for Jeff has sold his beloved Bronco.  As his wife I am literally crying over this.  He's fine.  Sad to have had to make that decision to sell it, but he's not upset like me!  I just hate that he's had to give up something he wanted since boyhood.  But the key here is that it is just a thing.  I am so proud of this man.  I am so proud of his example to our children.  As we work our way of the debt we've incurred for various reasons, he has chosen to rise above his wants, to put aside what the world says he should rightly have "because he deserves it!" and has chosen to put our family and our future first.  But for now, if you will, bow your heads...
Note:  I know how ridiculous this sounds in light of Veteran's Day:)  To my dad and Jeff's dad, and to our grandfathers before who served with honor and bravery, we thank you!

No comments: