Saturday, February 6, 2010

Learning to remember

This was on a blog that I check in on frequently.  It really stopped me in my tracks (and of course made me cry!) since with Ryan in the house, I still feel myself in "baby" mode.  Yet, I look over at my 8 year old Jack and can see how the years melt away.  Since mom's death almost 2 years ago now, I have tried to be more intentional about enjoying each day with the kids.  No pressure for what that day should look like - if it fills the bill, then great, but if not, well I'm sure there was something special about it regardless.  Anyway, this moved me and I wanted to share with you.  Even if you don't have kids of your own, it still speaks to our desire to be connected with others in a deep and intangible way.  Don't forget to scroll down and turn off/pause the music on my blog!


No comments: