Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lazy day


Mommy found time to give me my first official bath. I'm clean and growing by the minute!



How does anybody sleep in this house????

******************************************

This is our second Sunday without church. Given Ryan's "fragile" health ( I put that in quotes b/c he is technically considered perfectly healthy, but we're still taking every precaution to keep him that way!), we are not going to church for a while. This is kind of hard for me. I went to church the Sunday after he was born, much to the surprised looks of friends there! I am not saying this pridefully, just to make the point that I love church. I need that weekly respite from our crazy, blessed life to focus on worship. It's kinda hard to do this on a daily basis with the kids running circles around me and with my scattered brain, but we do try to emphasize "everyday worship" - trying not to miss God's blessings in the mundane:) Anyway, I love to sing the praise & worship songs, just take in the message, sit with Jeff for that hour of reflecting back onto Him who has seen us through so much. However, in a couple of ways I have found taking this time to just stay home with the kids and not have to be someplace in the morning refreshing. even with a newborn to care for, the past two Sundays have been restful ( I know, I know your yelling liar, liar at the screen right now, cause how can a house with 4 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 cat possible every be restful expect in the middle of the night?) but truly, I've enjoyed this time with them. I am ready to get back to church and Jeff thinks we might give it a go next week, but for now I'm going to sit on the couch with the paper while Will naps, let Jack and Ella-Kathryn watch a movie, we're going to act out a bible story after naps, and I even bathed Ryan this morning! Jeff is at church as I type and I'm anxious to hear about the service, though I know I'll get limited husband input:)

In kid news: Ryan had a rough night last night - gas maybe? He finally crashed around 3 and then Will decided 4:30 was a good time to get up! What in the world? I convinced him to go back to sleep, but then he popped back up at 5:30 - oh that boy! All this after screaming himself to sleep last night (cried/screamed for over an hour.) Any suggestions on this topic would be greatly appreciated! So, after typing this, I'm revising my paper-reading plan to add nap in there somewhere;) Wish me luck!


*Everyone wants to be where Ryan is! Ella-Kathryn wanted to eat her lunch watching him:)

No comments: