Monday, November 3, 2008

MIT monday


Moms in Touch was amazing this morning. We were joined by new mom (not new to motherhood, just new to us) and one of our gals had a birthday, so we got off to a slow start, but boy did our prayers push on the walls! It is so sweet to hear these women pouring their hearts out to God, trusting Him to hear their cries for their children. It is also so comforting to know that none of us (or our children) are perfect. One of the ladies in my church said women so often live our lives just keeping it between the ditches of comparison and judgement! How true! We look at others and think,"Oh, look, their kids are so cutely dressed, their home so nicely decorated..." but really they got crud just like us:) So, it is a pleasure to share my crud with my MIT women!
Halloween was a success - even though lil' man was only happy in the main SpiderMan suit, no accessories. I do have one pic of him with the mask and hat, and as you can see he is clearly not pleased to be so goofily dressed! J was a cop (of course since I spent 13 bucks for a Batman costume that he BEGGED me for, only to discover that it was too itchy, as surprisingly was the pirate costume last year) and EK was a cowgirl. She even got to ride a pony on Halloween - at one of the trunk-or-treats. So fun. And this week is her trail ride that she has been begging for since last christmas when she got to ride a pony at the town square's free christmas event. So, finally this Fri. she and I will be mounting up for an hour long ride - wish me luck;)

2 comments:

Karen said...

My poor sweet nephew....what he ever do to you? Ha!

Aunt LaLa said...

They are getting so big! I wish I could have seen them in their costumes! Great pictures.