Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm off duty!

I leave this afternoon for my Women of Faith conference. So many little things have happened in the past couple of days, and one big thing, that at times I have felt like this door was closing...I just don't know. My friend who invited me to the conference has had a death in the family and so that has thrown a major wrench in the travel plans. As of five minutes ago, I am planning on driving myself to OKC, so that I can spend some time in Tulsa - solo- doing some shopping. I prayed last night that God would give me a very clear direction about this day...so far, not so much! I know that God does sometimes work this way, or rather, that my mind may be too busy to hear what He is trying to tell me. Hate when that happens, and it seems to be the case more often than not:(
I've got dinners to put up for the Sgt and kids, clothes to pack, the dog has a vet appt. What to do??? Just trust that God will work out my day in His perfect order, relax in this and not worry (too much) and look forward to spending time hearing other women talk about how He has worked in their lives, reading His word, and worshipping Him. Ok, so that doesn't sound too bad:)

No comments: