Your first birthday - in our first home on Brompton Ln.
4th - from left, Zachary, Madeline, Ella-Kathryn, you, and Noah.
7thSadly, I couldn't find the 2nd, 5th, or 6th - there around here somewhere! Today has been quite a day too - I forgot to use the bigger cake pans while baking your cake - cake burnt on the bottom of the oven making the house smoky for about 6 hours! Ryan decided 30 minutes was long enough for a nap, when 2 hours is the norm, and then you fell and busted open your knee while riding you bike! Oh my - the goodness is that you got to go hunt with your dad this morning and we're having your favorite chicken pot pie for dinner, followed by that chocolate cake that I managed to piece back together with an ungodly amount of vanilla buttercream frosting:)
Jack, you are 9 today! Amazing!
- You love the Lord and are seeking Him daily.
- You love everything about God's creation - the animals, the woods, the ocean, all of it.
- You are a great big brother.
- You love your friends too.
- You love your family - such a sweet, tender way that you want to be with your family most of all!
- You're a deep thinker, especially when it comes to theology. Sometimes too deep for mommy - I need to go to seminary just to help you wade through your walk:)
- You love candy and sweets (come by it honestly too.)
- You are a great help around the house and are becoming an asset to daddy as you learn more about cars, yardwork, woodchopping and more!
- While reading still isn't your "thing" you do love a good story and enjoy our read-alouds.
- Your doing great in math!
- You have quite a knife collection going and while it makes mommy nervous sometimes, you've been very responsible with them.
- You have an awesome artistic streak - can't wait to see how it develops as you continue drawing and painting.
- You're a dreamer:)