Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My history forgot me!

What I mean by that is that it's been SO long since my last post that I had to type in the whole name of our blog to pull it up!  Usually I just start typing http://www.6/.... and the rest come up.  Oh my, my! 
So what wondrous adventures have we surely been on that have been taking up all of our time?  Nada.  Zip.  Life my friends.  Life at 6,000 mph, give or take a couple of mph:) 
Our elderly neighbors have split up, left town separately, and in a hasty barter made by none other than yours truly, we got a new-to-us fridge in exchange for a deep home cleaning to get their house "show" ready.  The cleaning really wasn't that bad, but in one ginormous moment of bad mommy judgement, I decided that it would be fine to take all 4 kids over to the vacant house, so that I could get a start on the cleaning.  All was fine until Ryan swallowed something.  We'll never know what, but after his choking and gagging for 30 minutes we ended up on our way to the ER.  In the car he vomited again, so I made a split-second decision and pulled into the Bella Vista EMT/Firehouse.  The EMT's were great and they said he seemed fine, but Jeff, who had been in class in Fayetteville and was running lights and sirens up to us, thought an x-ray was in order, just to be sure that there was nothing blocking his bowels or anything.  So, we headed to Mercy where he was x-rayed!  All was well and while in the ER room, Jack then says, "well, I did see him with some hair on the side of his mouth."  Oh my gracious!!!!  Now he tells us!  To his credit, I had only ever asked him if he saw Ryan actually eat something:) 
I managed to get the house clean on Thurs. and Fri.  and am glad to have that behind us. We will miss our neighbors and it has proven to be a really good starting point for some discussions about marriage, God's covenant intentions for marriage, and dealing with our kids fears and concerns about their mom and dad. 
Jeff is off camping for a couple of days, so I took the kids to AWANA tonight solo.  Went great and then on the way home they all went berserko!!!  I mean just nuts!  They were amped up and hungry and it took forever for them to fall asleep.  Crossing my fingers that they sleep in a bit.  Ella-Kathryn even lost one of her bottom teeth in the madness:)  It was loose -she didn't lose it amid infighting or anything!  And, Ryan took an hour nap in the nursery, hence the 10:00 post.  Oh well - ce la vie:)

No comments: