Tuesday, January 18, 2022

 Jumping back into the blog as a means of keeping myself accountable for writing every day.

I joined the Hope Writer's Instagram Writing Challenge. Each morning I get a prompt delivered by text and email. The goal is that you would not just write but also tag yourself in an instagram post. Not sure I'll do that part, but I do want to participate in the writing challenge.  So here goes...

Day 1 prompt: Slow

More often than not I feel the pull to slow down. My life is not particularly hectic or over scheduled, but my nature is one that desires slowness. I don't like to feel rushed in the mornings in particular. I want to linger over my Bible, my prayer time and my coffee. My desire is to ease into the day. But I have 3 children still at home, 2 who need me in some way as they get off to school and sports practice. I also work outside the home some hours per week. I want to take care of myself, exercise and eat well. How then do I schedule, or structure my day so that these things are being taken care of? I don't know. I have wrestled with and through any number of potential options. As of yet, none make complete sense. Even in being "flexible," I find something ends up falling off the list. I feel like a prize fighter who knows they have what it takes to win the match, keeps getting knocked down but not out, and staggers to her feet to go at another round. With Christ in me, I know I have a capacity that doesn't come naturally to me. How then do I channel His strength, perseverance and endurance so that I can live life abundantly and not have these key things falling off my plate? 

No comments: